Are wheeled rest SCA legal?

  • Hobbe
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 19, 2006
      If the wheel is not spring loaded and merely supports the bottom of the
      arrow, are wheeled rests SCA legal?
      -Hobbe
    • Hobbe
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 3, 2006
        I would happily have her shoot off the shelf. The problem was that
        the rest on the recurve has a significant curve to it. The wheeled
        rest I saw would have fit perfectly into it.

        I have installed a stick-on rubber shelf which is significantly
        better than the cheap plastic one that the bow came with.

        Once again, thanks to everyone for the advice.
        -Hobbe

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
        <eastarch@...> wrote:

        > This is the first instance where I have seen a rest which screws
        through the riser that does not use the outlawed plunger button. As
        the rules stand there is no reason this rest cannot be used. It
        appears to be legal in the letter of the law. The laws have to be
        updated periodically as new equipment is invented. The part about the
        bristle rest is new for instance.

        > Now is it legal in the spirit of the law? Does it give the user
        an unfair advantage over someone who is using a simple glue on hook
        rest? That is the real question. We are trying to promote medieval
        style shooting. This is not really a very period method to help your
        daughter. Maybe just letting her work through the problems with the
        simple stick on rest, or better yet as someone said remove it
        competely and shoot off the shelf. I think it is easier in the timed
        ends anyway. The more you have to mess with keeping the arrow on a
        small rest the harder it is to get a quick and smooth load, draw and
        release.