From the Society Archery and Thrown Weapons Marshal

  • Gwilym/Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
      Greetings all.

      re: Society Target and Thrown Weapons Marshal

      This is the "Official" notification of my retirement from this position
      within the SCA.
      As of October 1st the new society officer will be Mistress Lynette of
      Calontir. She was selected
      from several excellent candidates by the Society Earl Marshal to be my
      replacement and his
      deputy.

      I met Lynette several years ago where she was autocrat for the Archery
      activities. And
      since she has done a term in office as Archer General of Calontir. I
      found her to be
      a very knowledgeable archer and easy to work with. I'm sure you will
      find her to be
      a excellent replacement.

      Her email is <sam.lynette@...>

      Please make her welcome.

      I remain in service to the society,

      Master Baron Gwilym
      Society Archery Marshal, retired.
    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
        Gwilym

        I think that many of us would like to thank you for your service as
        Society Target and Thrown Weapons Marshal. You served for some time
        and I believe (Speaking as a former holder of that office.) that you
        deserve your well earned retirement from the office. :-)

        And I would like to welcome Mistress Lynete to her new office and to
        this list. I am sure that we will be looking forward to hearing from
        her.

        Jon

        On Thursday, September 28, 2006, at 08:21 AM, Gwilym/Bill wrote:

        > Greetings all.
        >
        > re: Society Target and Thrown Weapons Marshal
        >
        > This is the "Official" notification of my retirement from this position
        > within the SCA.
        > As of October 1st the new society officer will be Mistress Lynette of
        > Calontir. She was selected
        > from several excellent candidates by the Society Earl Marshal to be my
        > replacement and his
        > deputy.
        >
        > I met Lynette several years ago where she was autocrat for the Archery
        > activities. And
        > since she has done a term in office as Archer General of Calontir. I
        > found her to be
        > a very knowledgeable archer and easy to work with. I'm sure you will
        > find her to be
        > a excellent replacement.
        >
        > Her email is <sam.lynette@...>
        >
        > Please make her welcome.
        >
        > I remain in service to the society,
        >
        > Master Baron Gwilym
        > Society Archery Marshal, retired.

      • Frederick Fenters
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2006
          Good Master Gwilym, Warmest Greetings from Forester Padraig MacRaighne.

          Thank you for your service to our Society, for your wise counsel, and for
          the warmth of shared interest you shared with a brash young archer who (I
          hope) has matured into something of a leader within my own small corner of
          the Known World. We have shared ranges, swapped lie. uh, I mean notable
          true stories, and reinforced mutual passion for our sport.

          Mistress Lynette, if you are on this list, please accept my congratulations
          and my offer of service if you have need.

          In closing, I am,

          Forester Padraig MacRaighne,

          Pentamere Regional Archery Marshal