Re: [SCA-Archery] questions

  • Andros Korkyrates
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2006
      Ken,

      RE: adaptation of decorative crossbow off e-bay for actual target shooting,
      I'd say: Don't. Since the crossbow in question certainly wasn't made with
      use in mind, its safety is exceedingly questionable - from structural
      integrity of the stock itself to dubious, if any, usability of other
      elements such as bowstring and prod, the number of parts you'd need to
      replace if you wished to end up with a safe, useable and reliable crossbow
      becomes significant and costly.

      As a far better alternative, I'd suggest that (if you're a bit short on
      cash) you try building your own crossbow. Stock is reasonably easy to build,
      and other parts such as prod, stirrup and trigger assembly are available
      from a number of crossbow stores online at rather affordable prices.

      YIS, Andros

      --

      Andro Berkovic

      Never be afraid to try something new;