The Holmegaard Bow

  • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2006
      Though not my personna, I have recently seen a few schematics of the
      Holmegaard bow and think it's very beautiful in it's design. (That, and it looks like
      the bow Green Arrow used in earlier editions of the comic series.)

      Anyone know anything about this bow...and anyone who makes such bows for
      sale?

      William the Archer
      >>—————————>

    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2006
        WilliamTheArcher@... wrote:

        > Though not my personna, I have recently seen a few schematics of the
        > Holmegaard bow and think it's very beautiful in it's design. (That, and it looks like
        > the bow Green Arrow used in earlier editions of the comic series.)
        >
        > Anyone know anything about this bow...and anyone who makes such bows for
        > sale?
        >

        > William the Archer

        While in Denmark last spring I was lucky enough to get to see the real
        Holmegaard bow.

        http://tinyurl.com/l8nwv

        That's it in the middle with a replica up top.

        A few more pics of that display along with some closeups of the
        cross-sections here:
        <http://www.scabrewer.com/scapics/copenhagen/Friday/>http://tinyurl.com/qrx2s*

        *Many traditional archery books have information on this style of bow
        including the Traditional Bowyers Bible Vol. 2.

        If ya like bows of that style and look then you might also study the
        Meare Heath bow which I personally think is a bit cleaner looking than
        the Holmegaard.

        Regards,

        HL Eadric Anstapa
        Deputy Society Earl Marshal for Combat Archery
        eadric@...

      • Seán Moore
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
          Try these links:

          From Sagittarius Twente - Selected Archery Articles:
          http://www.student.utwente.nl/~sagi/artikel/mathmod2/replica1.html

          Society For The Promotion Of Traditional Archery:
          http://www.sptradarch.org/SPTA%20primpage.html

          The Mechanics of some Replica Bows - the pdf:
          http://www.bio.vu.nl/thb/users/kooi/kooi93.pdf#search=%22Holmegaard%20bow%22

          This forum has a cool picture of a Holmegaard bow:
          http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1905&sid=17ec8a9a209f4a081d0cc2fb8f628299

          Se�n

          Se�n Moore
          Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro