Re: [SCA-Archery] I need a Horsebow

  • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2006
      Horsebows.com has a new model called the Pony that is $130 and comes in 25 35
      or 45 pound draw weights. Tell Edwin that Dayrl sent you.

      Quoting SEE ABOVE <jjeremyroot@...>:

      > I am a begginning archer and I am looking for a used horsebow with a
      > draw weight between 45# and 35#. I don't want the Korean style that
      > they have at the store. I have seen a couple in my price range of
      > about $130. but never in time to grab it up. Since3 I am in the SCA I
      > thought it might be a good idea to put it out there that I am looking
      > for such a thing and maybe it will produce what I am looking for.
      >
      > Tamr

    • Tamr
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2006
        Would the PONY be with the traditional syhas like the Mongol and Hun
        bows. Since I got married to a woman that is 100% Tatar from Tobolsk
        Russia, part of my persona developement is to embrace both of our true
        herritages so that we have a better idea of the true history to pass
        on to our children. After the Islamification and then the Soviet era,
        it is hard to find the origins of and remnants of the older culture. I
        know that archery played a huge part in the defining culture of the
        different groups of Tatars and I am looking forward to bringing it
        back to some degree.

        Tamr

      • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2006
          He doesn't have it listed or pictured yet. But I think the answer is no.
          The shape is similar but the leather is wrapped in a spiral arounf the limbs and
          the tips that are exposed are not wood, or if they are they are painted so you
          can't tell. Also the loops are smaller and do not divide around the limbs.
          I know he is currently at war but i would expect upon his return he could
          provide you with a picture. I can take a picture of the VERCI model which is
          similar but longer and is $240.00

          Dayrl