I need a Horsebow

  • SEE ABOVE
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16 12:40 PM
      I am a begginning archer and I am looking for a used horsebow with a
      draw weight between 45# and 35#. I don't want the Korean style that
      they have at the store. I have seen a couple in my price range of
      about $130. but never in time to grab it up. Since3 I am in the SCA I
      thought it might be a good idea to put it out there that I am looking
      for such a thing and maybe it will produce what I am looking for.

      Tamr
    • Jason C. Russo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16 3:33 PM
        Check out: http://www.horsebows.com/bows.html

        If your looking for a price range of $130, call him and check on his prices
        for a Scythian bow. I purchased one from him at 38# and love it for around
        $120...I can't complain, I got a great bow for a great price. When I can
        afford to upgrade I will, but for now the Scythian is doing me great and an
        upgrade will be for aesthetics and not for any fault of the bow.

        I can vouch for him, his products and he is a fellow SCA member, give him a
        call when he returns from Pennsic.

        Chayyim Ben Tzadik

      • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16 3:39 PM
          Horsebows.com has a new model called the Pony that is $130 and comes in 25 35
          or 45 pound draw weights. Tell Edwin that Dayrl sent you.

          Quoting SEE ABOVE <jjeremyroot@...>:

          > I am a begginning archer and I am looking for a used horsebow with a
          > draw weight between 45# and 35#. I don't want the Korean style that
          > they have at the store. I have seen a couple in my price range of
          > about $130. but never in time to grab it up. Since3 I am in the SCA I
          > thought it might be a good idea to put it out there that I am looking
          > for such a thing and maybe it will produce what I am looking for.
          >
          > Tamr

        • Tamr
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 17 5:24 AM
            Would the PONY be with the traditional syhas like the Mongol and Hun
            bows. Since I got married to a woman that is 100% Tatar from Tobolsk
            Russia, part of my persona developement is to embrace both of our true
            herritages so that we have a better idea of the true history to pass
            on to our children. After the Islamification and then the Soviet era,
            it is hard to find the origins of and remnants of the older culture. I
            know that archery played a huge part in the defining culture of the
            different groups of Tatars and I am looking forward to bringing it
            back to some degree.

            Tamr

          • dmerrill@omnicityusa.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17 6:07 AM
              He doesn't have it listed or pictured yet. But I think the answer is no.
              The shape is similar but the leather is wrapped in a spiral arounf the limbs and
              the tips that are exposed are not wood, or if they are they are painted so you
              can't tell. Also the loops are smaller and do not divide around the limbs.
              I know he is currently at war but i would expect upon his return he could
              provide you with a picture. I can take a picture of the VERCI model which is
              similar but longer and is $240.00

              Dayrl