FW: Acadiana Medieval Faire Casting Call

  • dahoeboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2006
      The Acadiana Medieval Faire invites you to audition for its 2007
      season. We are looking for volunteers to inhabit our Medieval town
      with a variety of characters. There are no fees. Once you are
      accepted as a cast member, we will work as a team to develop your
      costume and character in coming months so that everyone is fully
      prepared for the Faire.

      Chaucerian Characters:
      Knight (father), Prioress, Monk, Clerk, Haberdasher,
      Squire (son), Nun, Friar, Sergeant of Law, Carpenter Yeoman (archer),
      Priest (3?), Merchant, Franklyn, Weaver, Cloth Dyer,
      Doctor, Reeve, Chaucer, Tapestry maker, Wife of Bath, Miller,
      Shipman, Parson, Summoner

      Historical Characters: the family and court of English King Edward
      III and Queen Phillipa

      Non Chaucer: men-at-arms; ladies-in-waiting; villagers, farmers,
      tradespeople, and travelers.

      Please feel free to come with your favorite character costume or in
      comfortable clothing as you wish. If you have an audition speech or
      demonstration about one minute in length, we would like to see and
      hear it; however, that is not required. Just be prepared to introduce
      yourself. We want to see you and hear your voice and talk to you a
      little bit about your interests and talents. We need all kinds of
      people with all kinds of skills to bring our town to life.

      The casting call for the second annual Acadiana Medieval Faire will
      be held On Sunday August 20, 2007, from 2:00PM to 4:00PM at the
      Lafayette Public Library in Lafayette, LA.

      Driving Directions:
      From North Lafayette and I-10 Take I-49 South. This road will become
      SE
      Evangeline Thruway. Follow the thruway to Second St. and turn right.
      Bear to the left onto Buchanan St.. Follow Buchanan to W. Congress
      St. Make a right onto W. Congress. Library is on the left.

      Library Address:
      301 West Congress Street
      Lafayette, LA 70501

      For more information: