Re: [SCA-Archery] coins-1st strike

  • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      Sir Jon,

      I think you should charge US$1.00 per coin to make things simple.
      Hopefully, the "extra" 40 cents will take care of "shipping and handling"
      and still leave you a bit to add to your coining kitty (above the dime you
      mentioned).

      Any additional accumulation could go to coin donations to the Crown or whatever.

      James
      jotl@...

    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        Greetings

        Your concerns about cost and availability are, well... I guess you are from California or something. Jon, these things are worth far more than .50 cents. If you will let us know who to make the check out to, and what address to send it, then we can proceed - you will be getting a dollar a coin from me, just cope.

        Nigel

        The monyer's guild made the first strike of the archery coins.
        > However, they were only able to strike 250 of them. This unfortunately
        > means that most of you will not be able to have as many coins as you
        > wanted this time. And for that, I am most sorry and offer my
        > apologies. The 250 coins divided by 55 people would be only 4.5 each
        > maximum. So, I will have to make it only 4 coins per person, at 25
        > cents per coin plus postage and an envelope, for this strike. At
        > least everyone will be able to see how the coins look.....

        <snip>
        "Do these colors match?"
        "Is this too much jewelry?"
        "Is that my drink?"

      • Domingos de Leon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
          should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
          forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
          send the funds to?

          Domingos de Leon

          Kingdom of Meridies

          Shire of Arenal

          _____

        • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
            In a message dated 7/4/06 12:29:34 AM, stickbow@... writes:

            > I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
            > should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
            > forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
            > send the funds to?
            >
            > Domingos de Leon
            >
            > Kingdom of Meridies
            >
            > Shire of Arenal

            Hoping someone will post a pic of the finished work.

            William the Archer

          • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006

              Pray look in the files section for the group at yahoo.com

              James
              jotl@...
            • James W. Pratt, Jr.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                I'd go for a buck each and throw in the postage. I have had medalions made
                at $25 each. One dollar each is still reasonable.

                James Cunningham
                Middle Kingdom