Re: [SCA-Archery] coins-1st strike

  • Eric & Mary
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      I have no problem with receiving 4 coins in the beginning. I have no
      problem sending you 50 cents a coin as well as a SASE. Will there be
      extra postage? Do you want something besides a regular envelope?

      Lady Dub Essa
      Archer Captain Barony of Gryphon's Lair
      Tirones
      Wife of THL Owen ap Howell (the Blind)
    • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        Sir Jon,

        I think you should charge US$1.00 per coin to make things simple.
        Hopefully, the "extra" 40 cents will take care of "shipping and handling"
        and still leave you a bit to add to your coining kitty (above the dime you
        mentioned).

        Any additional accumulation could go to coin donations to the Crown or whatever.

        James
        jotl@...

      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          Greetings

          Your concerns about cost and availability are, well... I guess you are from California or something. Jon, these things are worth far more than .50 cents. If you will let us know who to make the check out to, and what address to send it, then we can proceed - you will be getting a dollar a coin from me, just cope.

          Nigel

          The monyer's guild made the first strike of the archery coins.
          > However, they were only able to strike 250 of them. This unfortunately
          > means that most of you will not be able to have as many coins as you
          > wanted this time. And for that, I am most sorry and offer my
          > apologies. The 250 coins divided by 55 people would be only 4.5 each
          > maximum. So, I will have to make it only 4 coins per person, at 25
          > cents per coin plus postage and an envelope, for this strike. At
          > least everyone will be able to see how the coins look.....

          <snip>
          "Do these colors match?"
          "Is this too much jewelry?"
          "Is that my drink?"

        • Domingos de Leon
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
            should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
            forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
            send the funds to?

            Domingos de Leon

            Kingdom of Meridies

            Shire of Arenal

            _____

          • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
              In a message dated 7/4/06 12:29:34 AM, stickbow@... writes:

              > I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
              > should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
              > forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
              > send the funds to?
              >
              > Domingos de Leon
              >
              > Kingdom of Meridies
              >
              > Shire of Arenal

              Hoping someone will post a pic of the finished work.

              William the Archer

            • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006

                Pray look in the files section for the group at yahoo.com

                James
                jotl@...
              • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                  I'd go for a buck each and throw in the postage. I have had medalions made
                  at $25 each. One dollar each is still reasonable.

                  James Cunningham
                  Middle Kingdom