Re: coins-1st strike

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      Sir Jon,

      You were charging way too little for the coins to begin with. When you first posted this, I
      anticipated the coins would be around $2. Then you come out with 25 cents. That had to
      be a mistake. Now you want 50 cents plus 10 cents for the other costs you are incurring.
      And you wonder if if that's reasonable.

      I say round it up to a buck or, at least, 75 cents. There are going to be costs you haven't
      realized and it's still a bargain to me.

      James
    • jameswolfden
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        Sir Jon,

        An aside off the list.

        I hope that my goose, John Macandrew, got a chance to meet you at An Tir/West War. I
        wanted him to pass on the costs of the coins I wanted to order. Based on the number of
        people requesting coins, I thought I might change how I wanted mine. Rather than me
        handing them out, I thought I could leave the coins with you for you to hand out to any An
        Tirian archer you thought worthy of the coin. This just seemed simpler and it looked like
        the popularity of the coins was underestimated. Of course, this is dependent on whether
        you approve of this idea.

        In Service,
        James Wolfden
        Arcarius to Master John Macandrew
      • Eric & Mary
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          I have no problem with receiving 4 coins in the beginning. I have no
          problem sending you 50 cents a coin as well as a SASE. Will there be
          extra postage? Do you want something besides a regular envelope?

          Lady Dub Essa
          Archer Captain Barony of Gryphon's Lair
          Tirones
          Wife of THL Owen ap Howell (the Blind)
        • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            Sir Jon,

            I think you should charge US$1.00 per coin to make things simple.
            Hopefully, the "extra" 40 cents will take care of "shipping and handling"
            and still leave you a bit to add to your coining kitty (above the dime you
            mentioned).

            Any additional accumulation could go to coin donations to the Crown or whatever.

            James
            jotl@...

          • Bruce R. Gordon
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
              Greetings

              Your concerns about cost and availability are, well... I guess you are from California or something. Jon, these things are worth far more than .50 cents. If you will let us know who to make the check out to, and what address to send it, then we can proceed - you will be getting a dollar a coin from me, just cope.

              Nigel

              The monyer's guild made the first strike of the archery coins.
              > However, they were only able to strike 250 of them. This unfortunately
              > means that most of you will not be able to have as many coins as you
              > wanted this time. And for that, I am most sorry and offer my
              > apologies. The 250 coins divided by 55 people would be only 4.5 each
              > maximum. So, I will have to make it only 4 coins per person, at 25
              > cents per coin plus postage and an envelope, for this strike. At
              > least everyone will be able to see how the coins look.....

              <snip>
              "Do these colors match?"
              "Is this too much jewelry?"
              "Is that my drink?"

            • Domingos de Leon
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
                should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
                forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
                send the funds to?

                Domingos de Leon

                Kingdom of Meridies

                Shire of Arenal

                _____

              • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                  In a message dated 7/4/06 12:29:34 AM, stickbow@... writes:

                  > I will be more then happy with 4 coins to begin with. I too feel the cost
                  > should be at least $1.00 per coin but will give what you ask. Looking
                  > forward to seeing these first hand. Is there a particular address we can
                  > send the funds to?
                  >
                  > Domingos de Leon
                  >
                  > Kingdom of Meridies
                  >
                  > Shire of Arenal

                  Hoping someone will post a pic of the finished work.

                  William the Archer

                • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006

                    Pray look in the files section for the group at yahoo.com

                    James
                    jotl@...
                  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                      I'd go for a buck each and throw in the postage. I have had medalions made
                      at $25 each. One dollar each is still reasonable.

                      James Cunningham
                      Middle Kingdom