Arrow Length

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      Long arrows are only necessary if one's shooting style requires it.
      It is possible to pull the arrow to your cheekbone, chin or even chest
      as the Scythians did. I have always been amused by dealers carrying
      Scythian bows with a draw of 24-26" listed as children's bows. Not!
      If you shoot 'fingers to the sky' and 'fist to chest', that is all the
      draw you need.

      Also, if one must shoot 36" arrows but complains of finger pinch and
      stacking -- change to a bow like a static recurve which is designed to
      pul 36-38" with no stack or pinch. Such complaints remind me of the
      housewife who complained that she had to cut the ends off of roasts
      because her pan was too small.

      Kinjal