Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: German Brass Bullet Points

  • Jeffrey Webb
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
      Greetings,
      Yeah, with my style of shooting and the weights of bows that I shoot, I need arrow points that are 180 grains. A few years ago I happened upon a batch of 180 grain bullet points and used them on a couple of dozen arrows and I iked them. I didn't notice that I got better penetration with them, in fact these particular ones were slightly rounded at the tips so the almost acted like blunts. I shot thm the year I won East Kingdom Archery Champion and I remember that these arrows were blowing the heck out of the small targets made by Sir Kai (sorry about that Kai).
      I know that the English shooters in the BLBS like the light brass bullet points very much, but they don't shoot by the rule of making your arrows balance 10% FOC. I must say that their arrow flights are not as true and smoothe as we scruffy American "colonists" that shoot heavier arrows.
      I think that the brass tips are ideal for lighter weight target bows. They sure do look pretty.
      -Geoffrei