Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: German Brass Bullet Points

  • blkknighti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
      They only come in 100 gr. which is a little light for my arrow.

      In a message dated 7/2/06 5:05:05 PM, caedmon.wilson@... writes:

      > http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=10&s=109&p=0&i=SS112

    • Lord Caedmon Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
        On 7/2/06, blkknighti@... <blkknighti@...> wrote:
        > They only come in 100 gr. which is a little light for my arrow.

        Currently, I shoot 100gr tips on crossbow bolts. So, I am not worried
        about the lighter weight.

        I think I my mind is set. I am going to get a set of the screw-on
        tips for my new set of bolts. I am also going with 2.5" feathers this
        time around.

        -C
      • Annie McG
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
          Lord Caedmon Wilson wrote:
          > http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=10&s=43&p=47&i=GB11%2DX
          >
          > Has anyone tried the brass bullet points being sold at the above link
          > to Three Rivers Archery?
          >
          > My second question is for people who have bullet points for their
          > arrows. How have they worked for you? Do they suffer any more or
          > less bounces from the same targets being used by field point-tipped
          > arrows?

          Greetings Lord Caedmon,

          I haven't tried 3Rivers, but have used brass points for years and like
          them much better than field points. They just look very cool. No problem
          with bouncers, although I find the 125gr points too heavy for my 22lb
          bow. I now use 63gr parallel or 80gr screw-in points.

          Quicks sells a whole range of brass points
          http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/superbasket/category.php?category=109
          including 1/4" which are great on children's arrows. Download the second
          half of the pdf catalog for the full range.

          YIS,

          Fine ingen ui Scolaighe
          Kingdom of Lochac
        • Jeffrey Webb
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
            Greetings,
            Yeah, with my style of shooting and the weights of bows that I shoot, I need arrow points that are 180 grains. A few years ago I happened upon a batch of 180 grain bullet points and used them on a couple of dozen arrows and I iked them. I didn't notice that I got better penetration with them, in fact these particular ones were slightly rounded at the tips so the almost acted like blunts. I shot thm the year I won East Kingdom Archery Champion and I remember that these arrows were blowing the heck out of the small targets made by Sir Kai (sorry about that Kai).
            I know that the English shooters in the BLBS like the light brass bullet points very much, but they don't shoot by the rule of making your arrows balance 10% FOC. I must say that their arrow flights are not as true and smoothe as we scruffy American "colonists" that shoot heavier arrows.
            I think that the brass tips are ideal for lighter weight target bows. They sure do look pretty.
            -Geoffrei