Re: German Brass Bullet Points

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
      Caedmon,

      I have been using the Greman Brass points exclusively for my own arrows for
      over 3 years now. I use the screw-on ones and have had no problems
      whatsoever. It is very easy to replace a temporarily lost point and there
      is NO GLUE NEEDED.

      Padraig MacRaighne

    • Lord Caedmon Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
        http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=10&s=109&p=0&i=SS112

        Now, what about the stainless steel screw-on tips? Anyone used those?

        -Caedmon
      • blkknighti@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
          They only come in 100 gr. which is a little light for my arrow.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
            On 7/2/06, blkknighti@... <blkknighti@...> wrote:
            > They only come in 100 gr. which is a little light for my arrow.

            Currently, I shoot 100gr tips on crossbow bolts. So, I am not worried
            about the lighter weight.

            I think I my mind is set. I am going to get a set of the screw-on
            tips for my new set of bolts. I am also going with 2.5" feathers this
            time around.

            -C
          • Annie McG
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
              Lord Caedmon Wilson wrote:
              > http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=10&s=43&p=47&i=GB11%2DX
              >
              > Has anyone tried the brass bullet points being sold at the above link
              > to Three Rivers Archery?
              >
              > My second question is for people who have bullet points for their
              > arrows. How have they worked for you? Do they suffer any more or
              > less bounces from the same targets being used by field point-tipped
              > arrows?

              Greetings Lord Caedmon,

              I haven't tried 3Rivers, but have used brass points for years and like
              them much better than field points. They just look very cool. No problem
              with bouncers, although I find the 125gr points too heavy for my 22lb
              bow. I now use 63gr parallel or 80gr screw-in points.

              Quicks sells a whole range of brass points
              http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/superbasket/category.php?category=109
              including 1/4" which are great on children's arrows. Download the second
              half of the pdf catalog for the full range.

              YIS,

              Fine ingen ui Scolaighe
              Kingdom of Lochac
            • Jeffrey Webb
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                Greetings,
                Yeah, with my style of shooting and the weights of bows that I shoot, I need arrow points that are 180 grains. A few years ago I happened upon a batch of 180 grain bullet points and used them on a couple of dozen arrows and I iked them. I didn't notice that I got better penetration with them, in fact these particular ones were slightly rounded at the tips so the almost acted like blunts. I shot thm the year I won East Kingdom Archery Champion and I remember that these arrows were blowing the heck out of the small targets made by Sir Kai (sorry about that Kai).
                I know that the English shooters in the BLBS like the light brass bullet points very much, but they don't shoot by the rule of making your arrows balance 10% FOC. I must say that their arrow flights are not as true and smoothe as we scruffy American "colonists" that shoot heavier arrows.
                I think that the brass tips are ideal for lighter weight target bows. They sure do look pretty.
                -Geoffrei