Re: [SCA-Archery] Looking for archers near Texarkana, TX

  • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2006
      At 12:41 PM 6/30/06 -0700, Jessi wrote:

      >We have a very dedicated youth archer in our Barony. His family is moving to
      >Texarkana, TX and I would like to give them some people to get in touch with
      >out that way that will be able to help continue his training. He's a great
      >kid, lots of fun and very determined, but needs patience and practice. He
      >is very eager and looks forward to practice every week. He really wants to
      >continue practicing and hopefully a bit of coaching.

      My Lady,

      I stumbled around looking at the Group pages in Ansteorra and Gleann
      Abhann, without a lot of luck matching Texarkana with a local SCA group.
      (I had looked up Texarkana in my paper atlas, so I know where it is in the
      US.) Finally, it dawned upon me to do a web search for "Texarkana and
      SCA". [I am not in the habit of doing web searches due to my very slow,
      dial-up connection.] I got:

      "From Cunnan

      "The Incipient Shire of Talondale is the SCA group located in the Texarkana
      region of southwestern Arkansas and northeastern Texas. It is officially
      considered part of the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann, though part of its
      territory is actually within the Kingdom of Ansteorra . Formerly known as
      Duin nan Aibhne Dheirg, the name was officially registered as Talondale in
      September A.S. XXXIX"

      Unfortunately, Talondale does not appear to have a web site itself.
      However, the Gleann Abhann Marshallate link does give a kingdom Archery
      Marshal. It appears he may be reached at

      archery.marshal_AT_gleannabhann.org

      Which should be a good address (once the spam avoidance is corrected) as it
      is an office link rather than that of an individual. I would try to obtain
      help there.

      Your humble servant,
      James
      jotl@...