Refining Training

  • Lord Caedmon Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2006
      This year, I have taken to refining my training and practice with my
      crossbow. Now that I have a young child, I have to be creative in
      finding time to practice, so I am trying to practice smarter, not
      harder.

      I made up a sheet of paper with 10 little FITA targets on it. I go
      out and begin at 5 yards, and move the target back 5 yards at a time
      after shooting a round or two into the target. I am then documenting
      where on the target I am aiming to hit the gold and things like air
      temperature.

      Over time, I hope to build up a small database of information on the
      performance of my crossbow in varying conditions to see the effect on
      my accuracy and consistency.

      I am limited to 50 yards at my house, but I have access to a bigger
      yard for up to 100 yard shooting, which I will have to try if I can
      creatively find the time.

      --
      Lord Caedmon Wilson

      Oaken Region Youth Combat Marshal
      Oaken Region Thrown Weapon Champion

      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum
      saxum immane mittam.