RE: [SCA-Archery] rules webpage

  • locm@osprey.net
    Message 1 of 62 , Jun 6, 2006
      Thanks for the info. That is what I was looking for!

      LoCM

      > Hello there,
      >
      > The York round is in general shot as a gents round using 5 zone odd
      > scoring with gold being awarded 9 to a white scoring 1.
      >
      > It consists of 12 dozen (144) arrows shot at three different distances
      > as listed below:
      >
      > 6 dozen (72) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 100 yards
      > (91.4 metres).
      > 4 dozen (48) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 80 yards (73.1
      > metres).
      > 2 dozen (24) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 60 yards (54.8
      > metres).
      >
      > The target face is a standard 122cm FITA five ring face.
      >
      > For an excellent article and information on the York, take a look at
      > Maurice and Will H. Thompson’s ‘How to train in Archery’, these are the
      > authors of The Witchery of Archery:
      >
      > http://www.xs4all.nl/~marcelo/archery/library/books/train/
      >
      > Have fun and I hope this is of use.
      >

      > Sean
      >

      > ... . .- -. -- --- --- .-. .
      > Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Se�n Moore
      Message 62 of 62 , Jun 14, 2006
        Hey,

        We shot a Western followed by a double clout a few weeks ago and I just
        don't want to work that out, other than I was completely exhausted for days
        afterwards.

        Sean

        P.S. Shooting with a broken finger (don't ask how it happened, is not good
        for clout shooting, especially with a 80lb bow.

        Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro