Re: [SCA-Archery] rules webpage

  • Carl West
    Message 1 of 62 , Jun 6, 2006
      Seán Moore wrote:
      > Hello there,
      >
      > The York round is in general shot as a gents round using 5 zone odd scoring
      > with gold being awarded 9 to a white scoring 1.
      >
      > It consists of 12 dozen (144) arrows shot at three different distances as
      > listed below:
      >
      > 6 dozen (72) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 100 yards (91.4
      > metres).
      > 4 dozen (48) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 80 yards (73.1
      > metres).
      > 2 dozen (24) arrows shot in 6 arrow ends at a distance of 60 yards (54.8
      > metres).

      Assuming your arrows stop at the target, that's 2.36 miles of walking.

      - Fritz
    • Se�n Moore
      Message 62 of 62 , Jun 14, 2006
        Hey,

        We shot a Western followed by a double clout a few weeks ago and I just
        don't want to work that out, other than I was completely exhausted for days
        afterwards.

        Sean

        P.S. Shooting with a broken finger (don't ask how it happened, is not good
        for clout shooting, especially with a 80lb bow.

        Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro