Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Marshals

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
      Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
      blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
      that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
      and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
      marshallet.
      Ancel

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
        I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
        is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
        have a fair number of marshals on it.

        Siegfried

        On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
        > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
        > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
        > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
        > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
        > marshallet.
        > Ancel

      • Karl W. Evoy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 7, 2006
          Perehaps, though I don't recall seeing the Champion's team wearing again
          either. And it was being worn at the range for the whole war.
          Ancel

          > I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
          > is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
          > have a fair number of marshals on it.
          >
          > Siegfried
          >

          > On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
          > > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric
          with a
          > > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I
          thought
          > > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that
          Pennsic,
          > > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for
          their
          > > marshallet.
          > > Ancel

        • THL Cain Saethydd
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
            The one presented to me when I won our first 'King's Champion of
            Archery' tournament scares me a bit.

            It has a target on the front and back, with a big 'X' across the
            target in the back.

            I have worn it to great affect on the hardsuit field, however. hmmmm,
            I seem to recall distracting Sir Jon several years ago with it. We
            were out of ammo (gleaning was allowed), and the opponents were not
            firing (saving the ammo untill the end of the scenario). I was
            strutting back and forth... the temptation was just too much. Soon, we
            had the ammo!

            Sadly, I died. Sir Jon was dismayed as well. One young lady from
            Atenveldt was highly embaressed. She had accidentaly shot me in the
            face while unloading her crossbow..... Sir Jon never shot me that war,
            nor I him. But we tried, OH how we Tried!

            Cain

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Henderson" <cucymry@...> wrote:

            > Greetings
            > Out of curoisity, what do the marshals in your kingdoms use for
            tabrds or do they. I know the Middle has a special registered device
            but what about others?
            > Gwyn

          • THL Cain Saethydd
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
              In Atenveldt, a Blue Baldric equals a Man-at-Arms to a Master-of-Arms
              or his Squire. It also is used in the Adrian Empire to designate a
              Knight, who may where it as a belt or baldric. Barony Atenveldt shares
              the park with 2 other organizations on the same night. Many of the
              others also play with the SCA.

              Offhand, Baron Master Blackarrow happens to be King of Adria at the
              moment.

              Cain