Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Archery Marshals

  • loreleiElkins@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
      In a message dated 6/1/2006 7:22:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      mermaidx3@... writes:

      (there have been event
      when I did not know who was in charge of the range)
      Antoinette

      Marshal in Training here....just read in the Atlantian TAM manual, The
      Target Archery Marshal shall be "easily identifiable" on the range. Guess tabards
      would do it. Of course wearing nothing at all but a hat would do it too!
      The Marshal I apprentice under wears a BIG feather in his hat....but we think
      that for entirely a different reason.

      Lorelei

    • Karl W. Evoy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
        Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
        blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
        that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
        and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
        marshallet.
        Ancel

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
          I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
          is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
          have a fair number of marshals on it.

          Siegfried

          On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
          > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
          > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
          > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
          > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
          > marshallet.
          > Ancel

        • Karl W. Evoy
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 7, 2006
            Perehaps, though I don't recall seeing the Champion's team wearing again
            either. And it was being worn at the range for the whole war.
            Ancel

            > I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
            > is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
            > have a fair number of marshals on it.
            >
            > Siegfried
            >

            > On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
            > > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric
            with a
            > > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I
            thought
            > > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that
            Pennsic,
            > > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for
            their
            > > marshallet.
            > > Ancel

          • THL Cain Saethydd
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
              The one presented to me when I won our first 'King's Champion of
              Archery' tournament scares me a bit.

              It has a target on the front and back, with a big 'X' across the
              target in the back.

              I have worn it to great affect on the hardsuit field, however. hmmmm,
              I seem to recall distracting Sir Jon several years ago with it. We
              were out of ammo (gleaning was allowed), and the opponents were not
              firing (saving the ammo untill the end of the scenario). I was
              strutting back and forth... the temptation was just too much. Soon, we
              had the ammo!

              Sadly, I died. Sir Jon was dismayed as well. One young lady from
              Atenveldt was highly embaressed. She had accidentaly shot me in the
              face while unloading her crossbow..... Sir Jon never shot me that war,
              nor I him. But we tried, OH how we Tried!

              Cain

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Henderson" <cucymry@...> wrote:

              > Greetings
              > Out of curoisity, what do the marshals in your kingdoms use for
              tabrds or do they. I know the Middle has a special registered device
              but what about others?
              > Gwyn

            • THL Cain Saethydd
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                In Atenveldt, a Blue Baldric equals a Man-at-Arms to a Master-of-Arms
                or his Squire. It also is used in the Adrian Empire to designate a
                Knight, who may where it as a belt or baldric. Barony Atenveldt shares
                the park with 2 other organizations on the same night. Many of the
                others also play with the SCA.

                Offhand, Baron Master Blackarrow happens to be King of Adria at the
                moment.

                Cain