Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Marshals

  • Lady Katherine Killigrew
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
      I can not speak for the rest of An Tir, but here in the Barony of
      Adiantum, I was issued a lovely tabard as the Baronial Archer
      (Baronial Archery Officer) of black fabric with appliqued crossed gold
      arrows front and back and our Baronial device on both open 3/4 length
      sleeves. I wear this to court as well as at tournaments when I am
      marshaling. It does make it quite easy to identify who is in charge of
      the range, and it does not interfere at all with law #1 .... I just
      change the feather in my Capitaino hat to a beautifully matched gold
      and don my black skirt or britches!

      --
      In Service,

      Lady Katherine Killigrew
      Adiantum Baronial Archer
      Archery Champion Adiantum and Terra Pomaria
      Vigilant Bear
    • loreleiElkins@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
        In a message dated 6/1/2006 7:22:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        mermaidx3@... writes:

        (there have been event
        when I did not know who was in charge of the range)
        Antoinette

        Marshal in Training here....just read in the Atlantian TAM manual, The
        Target Archery Marshal shall be "easily identifiable" on the range. Guess tabards
        would do it. Of course wearing nothing at all but a hat would do it too!
        The Marshal I apprentice under wears a BIG feather in his hat....but we think
        that for entirely a different reason.

        Lorelei

      • Karl W. Evoy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
          Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
          blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
          that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
          and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
          marshallet.
          Ancel

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
            I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
            is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
            have a fair number of marshals on it.

            Siegfried

            On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
            > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric with a
            > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I thought
            > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that Pennsic,
            > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for their
            > marshallet.
            > Ancel

          • Karl W. Evoy
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 7, 2006
              Perehaps, though I don't recall seeing the Champion's team wearing again
              either. And it was being worn at the range for the whole war.
              Ancel

              > I believe you are mistaking that as a marshals baldric, when in fact
              > is the Baldric of the Eastern Champions Team. Which yes, happens to
              > have a fair number of marshals on it.
              >
              > Siegfried
              >

              > On 6/2/06, Karl W. Evoy <kweancel@...> wrote:
              > > Many Pennsic's ago, the Eastern marshalls were sporting a baldric
              with a
              > > blue tyger's foreleg (arm?) with a gold pheon centered on the paw. I
              thought
              > > that was a very cool, and period, badge. It was not seen after that
              Pennsic,
              > > and I never found out why. Maybe they should register the badge for
              their
              > > marshallet.
              > > Ancel

            • THL Cain Saethydd
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                The one presented to me when I won our first 'King's Champion of
                Archery' tournament scares me a bit.

                It has a target on the front and back, with a big 'X' across the
                target in the back.

                I have worn it to great affect on the hardsuit field, however. hmmmm,
                I seem to recall distracting Sir Jon several years ago with it. We
                were out of ammo (gleaning was allowed), and the opponents were not
                firing (saving the ammo untill the end of the scenario). I was
                strutting back and forth... the temptation was just too much. Soon, we
                had the ammo!

                Sadly, I died. Sir Jon was dismayed as well. One young lady from
                Atenveldt was highly embaressed. She had accidentaly shot me in the
                face while unloading her crossbow..... Sir Jon never shot me that war,
                nor I him. But we tried, OH how we Tried!

                Cain

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Henderson" <cucymry@...> wrote:

                > Greetings
                > Out of curoisity, what do the marshals in your kingdoms use for
                tabrds or do they. I know the Middle has a special registered device
                but what about others?
                > Gwyn

              • THL Cain Saethydd
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14, 2006
                  In Atenveldt, a Blue Baldric equals a Man-at-Arms to a Master-of-Arms
                  or his Squire. It also is used in the Adrian Empire to designate a
                  Knight, who may where it as a belt or baldric. Barony Atenveldt shares
                  the park with 2 other organizations on the same night. Many of the
                  others also play with the SCA.

                  Offhand, Baron Master Blackarrow happens to be King of Adria at the
                  moment.

                  Cain