Sigfried and Tabards

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I for one am glad to hear that you folks continue the practice of wearing
      clothing. I am not sure I would recognize Sigfried without his hat :-) !
      Some bodies are meant to be seen with as little clothing as possible, most
      of us can thank the Creator for clothing.

      Tabards do not necessarily look bad, but can be very hot under summer
      conditions and may clash with one's garb. At Pennsic, the uniform is a blue
      baldric (sash from one shoulder) with either a white or gold arrow on it. I
      was once told that the convention was originally Atlantean, but don't know
      for sure. Seeing some wearing a Sagittarius medallion (a centaur archer) or
      a Greenwood Company hood (green, white-red-white around the face/neck,
      scalloped edges trimmed in white) is a good clue that this person probably
      knows a little bit or can find you someone to help you out.

      I usually wear the Middle Kingdom Archery Marshal Tabard only when I need to
      get officious - er - official.

      Padraig MacRaighne

    • J. Hughes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        Around Pennsic, it might also be useful to note those with a red and white tassel: the Scarlet Guard of AEthelmearc. They will usually have a clue.

        Charles O'Connor

        Frederick Fenters <padraig@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
          Also those with a badge of a unicornate-sea-horse-head, with an arrow
          in it's mouth.

          Yew Bow of Atlantia ... equivilant of Scarlet Guard, Greenwood
          Company, Saggitarius.

          Siegfried