Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Making my first bow.
- Thanks! My dog likes to eat the rags I use to "burnt umber" hot steel with
Boiled linseed oil. I try to keep from them.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolus von Eulenhorst" <eulenhorst@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Making my first bow.
> Raw linseed oil is indeed non-toxic (in fact, used as a
> laxative). It is typically difficult to find and not commonly used
> because it can take 3 weeks to dry. Boiled linseed oil can dry in 16
> hours and so is more common. However, it often has solvents and
> fungicides added which make it quite toxic. Additionally, when
> boiled it becomes thermopolymerized, in which form it is believed to
> be toxic to the liver. In both forms it is a known aggressive
> allergen when in contact with the skin.
> At 12:30 PM 5/21/2006, you wrote:
> >I though linseed oil was edible(not palitable) but edible?
> >James Cunningham
> >also a wood worker
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "Carolus von Eulenhorst" <eulenhorst@...>
> >To: <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
> >Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:55 PM
> >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Making my first bow.
> > > If it is a salad bowl finish it is more likely mineral oil and not
> > > linseed as it needs to be an edible finish.
> > > Carolus
> > >
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.6.1/344 - Release Date: 5/19/2006
> Brought to you YahooGroups Ad Free in 2003 by Medieval Mart
> Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.medievalmart.com/
> [Email to SCA-Archeryemail@example.com to leave this list]
> Yahoo! Groups Links