Re: [SCA-Archery] Targets

  • D Humberson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2000
      Polydore -
      A 60 cm face = 24 inch face.
      Ragnar K.

      >From: Polydore@...
      >To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Targets
      >Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 10:40:09 -0000
      >
      >Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
      >in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
      >ones
      >and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
      >be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?
      >
      >Thanks! Polydore

    • SwayzeK
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2000
        Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
        good source, also and would like to place a large order.

        Ailinn Shadowfox

      • rtu@beer.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2000
          In a message dated 05/02/2000 7:01:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          Polydore@... writes:

          << Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
          in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
          ones
          and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
          be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?

          Thanks! Polydore

          I had the same problem at my local store. I went to the archery department
          and was able to special order them. I got them in a couple of days and
          didn't have to pay shipping.
          Rupert the Unbalanced
        • John Rockwell
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2000
            My Lords and Ladies

            It seems as if the search for the elusive 60cm target has begun.

            Before you go off and have to spend lots of money each.
            Contact Master Leif the Wander (Pelican for Archery Service) the Royal
            Archer Kingdom of Atenveldt. HouseKintyre@... . He has a source
            for the faces.

            YIS
            Ian Griffen the Archer
            Captain of Archers Barony of Atenveldt

            > In a message dated 5/2/00 4:40:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
            > Polydore@... writes:
            >
            > > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
            > > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
            > > ones
            >
            > Three Rivers Archery has them (described as 4 color targets) for 95 cents
            > per. 60 cm fita target.
            > Steitan

          • Bill Osterheim
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2000
              Thank all of you who answered...
              I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.

              24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by "face"

              is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
              measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are right.
              For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!

              Polydore

              SwayzeK wrote:

              > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
              > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
              >
              > Ailinn Shadowfox

            • Robert Skidmore
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                M'Lord.. the target that 3 Rivers offers is a FITA 60cm target. Which is the
                standard for IKAC. I have ordered from them on line and using standard
                shipping it arrived at my house within 4 days.

                Robert
                > I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.
                >
                > 24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by
                "face"

                > is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
                > measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are
                right.
                > For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!
                >
                > Polydore
                >
                > SwayzeK wrote:
                >
                > > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking
                for a
                > > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
                > >
                > > Ailinn Shadowfox

                > Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
                > more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long
                Distance