Re: Slightly OT response: Re: [SCA-Archery] Question

  • Bob & Nancy Upson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2000
      > What does FWIW and IOW (in my own words?) mean? Sorry for the slightly

      Email shorthand for "For What It's Worth" and "In Other Words." =)

      There's also IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), YMMV (Your Mileage
      May Vary), FYI (For Your Information), ROFL (Rolling On Floor
      Laughing) and a host of others less common...

      > OT question, but I need to know what you guys are talking about. If I
      > miss my guess, (I know no Latin) marshallate en toto means every
      > marshal in the SCA, right? Or no?

      Yup! =)

      Macsen
    • D Humberson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2000
        FWIW - For What It's Worth
        IOW - In Other Words
        IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
        YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

        marshallate can mean either all marshals of all types, or all archery
        marshals, depending on context.

        Please don't apologise for asking, Genvieve. Like any argot, netese can be
        impenetrable: kudos to you for speaking up!

        Ragnar Ketilsson