Re: [SCA-Archery] Targets

  • Steitan99@cs.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2000
      In a message dated 5/2/00 4:40:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
      Polydore@... writes:

      > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
      > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
      > ones
      Sorry I forgot, the email address is threeriversarchery.com
      Steitan
    • Genvieve d'Argent Chene
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2000
        My husband is making our targets out of the pink foam insulation sheets you can get at Home Depot. You can customize them any way you want them.We are experiencing a little meltage (?) of the foam when he shoots my Mongolian bow at shorter distances. They get sticky after a few "hot" shots but after the goo cools, it scrapes right off with no residue. We don't have any of the rules, yet. Do the targets have to be a solid thickness, or can you use multiple layers like we have been doing? We use four sheets for most of the shooting, five for my bow. It seems to work just fine for practicing with. And if you use a spray adhesive such as Super 77, that foam, and an Exacto knife, and some Duct tape, you can produce some interesting small-game targets, as well!!
        Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
        in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
        ones
        and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
        be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?

        Thanks! Polydore

      • D Humberson
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2000
          Polydore -
          A 60 cm face = 24 inch face.
          Ragnar K.

          >From: Polydore@...
          >To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
          >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Targets
          >Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 10:40:09 -0000
          >
          >Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
          >in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
          >ones
          >and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
          >be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?
          >
          >Thanks! Polydore

        • SwayzeK
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2000
            Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
            good source, also and would like to place a large order.

            Ailinn Shadowfox

          • rtu@beer.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2000
              In a message dated 05/02/2000 7:01:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              Polydore@... writes:

              << Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
              in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
              ones
              and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
              be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?

              Thanks! Polydore

              I had the same problem at my local store. I went to the archery department
              and was able to special order them. I got them in a couple of days and
              didn't have to pay shipping.
              Rupert the Unbalanced
            • John Rockwell
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                My Lords and Ladies

                It seems as if the search for the elusive 60cm target has begun.

                Before you go off and have to spend lots of money each.
                Contact Master Leif the Wander (Pelican for Archery Service) the Royal
                Archer Kingdom of Atenveldt. HouseKintyre@... . He has a source
                for the faces.

                YIS
                Ian Griffen the Archer
                Captain of Archers Barony of Atenveldt

                > In a message dated 5/2/00 4:40:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
                > Polydore@... writes:
                >
                > > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
                > > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
                > > ones
                >
                > Three Rivers Archery has them (described as 4 color targets) for 95 cents
                > per. 60 cm fita target.
                > Steitan

              • Bill Osterheim
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                  Thank all of you who answered...
                  I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.

                  24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by "face"

                  is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
                  measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are right.
                  For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!

                  Polydore

                  SwayzeK wrote:

                  > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
                  > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
                  >
                  > Ailinn Shadowfox

                • Robert Skidmore
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                    M'Lord.. the target that 3 Rivers offers is a FITA 60cm target. Which is the
                    standard for IKAC. I have ordered from them on line and using standard
                    shipping it arrived at my house within 4 days.

                    Robert
                    > I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.
                    >
                    > 24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by
                    "face"

                    > is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
                    > measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are
                    right.
                    > For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!
                    >
                    > Polydore
                    >
                    > SwayzeK wrote:
                    >
                    > > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking
                    for a
                    > > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
                    > >
                    > > Ailinn Shadowfox

                    > Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
                    > more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long
                    Distance