Re: [SCA-Archery] Targets

  • Fearghus
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2000
      Three Rivers Archery has them.

      www.threeriversarchery.com

      Ld Fearghus MacKenna
      Deputy Earl Marshal for Archery Ansteorra
      Man at Arms to Centurion Airaklee Wolf

      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2000
        In a message dated 5/2/00 4:40:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
        Polydore@... writes:

        > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
        > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
        > ones

        Three Rivers Archery has them (described as 4 color targets) for 95 cents
        per. 60 cm fita target.
        Steitan
      • Steitan99@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2000
          Polydore@... writes:

          > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
          > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
          > ones
          Sorry I forgot, the email address is threeriversarchery.com
          Steitan
        • Genvieve d'Argent Chene

            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2000
              Polydore -
              A 60 cm face = 24 inch face.
              Ragnar K.

              >From: Polydore@...
              >To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
              >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Targets
              >Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 10:40:09 -0000
              >
              >Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
              >in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
              >ones
              >and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
              >be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?
              >
              >Thanks! Polydore

            • SwayzeK
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
                good source, also and would like to place a large order.

                Ailinn Shadowfox

              • rtu@beer.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                  In a message dated 05/02/2000 7:01:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  Polydore@... writes:

                  << Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
                  in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
                  ones
                  and 24, 36 and 48 inch targets. Strikes me the 36" ones would
                  be pretty close to having a 60cm face. Is that what they use?

                  Thanks! Polydore

                  I had the same problem at my local store. I went to the archery department
                  and was able to special order them. I got them in a couple of days and
                  didn't have to pay shipping.
                  Rupert the Unbalanced
                • John Rockwell
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                    My Lords and Ladies

                    It seems as if the search for the elusive 60cm target has begun.

                    Before you go off and have to spend lots of money each.
                    Contact Master Leif the Wander (Pelican for Archery Service) the Royal
                    Archer Kingdom of Atenveldt. HouseKintyre@... . He has a source
                    for the faces.

                    YIS
                    Ian Griffen the Archer
                    Captain of Archers Barony of Atenveldt

                    > In a message dated 5/2/00 4:40:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
                    > Polydore@... writes:
                    >
                    > > Can anybody suggest a source for the "60cm 5 color" targets specified
                    > > in the rules? I cannot seem to find them anywhere... I find 40cm
                    > > ones
                    >
                    > Three Rivers Archery has them (described as 4 color targets) for 95 cents
                    > per. 60 cm fita target.
                    > Steitan

                  • Bill Osterheim
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                      Thank all of you who answered...
                      I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.

                      24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by "face"

                      is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
                      measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are right.
                      For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!

                      Polydore

                      SwayzeK wrote:

                      > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking for a
                      > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
                      >
                      > Ailinn Shadowfox

                    • Robert Skidmore
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2000
                        M'Lord.. the target that 3 Rivers offers is a FITA 60cm target. Which is the
                        standard for IKAC. I have ordered from them on line and using standard
                        shipping it arrived at my house within 4 days.

                        Robert
                        > I had been to the 3 rivers site, but somehow missed the 60 cm target.
                        >
                        > 24" is a little over 61cm, according to my ruler, so if what they mean by
                        "face"

                        > is the round marked part, they would have to be awfully close. I would try
                        > measuring them if I wanted to use these for IKAK, to make sure they are
                        right.
                        > For practice and other meets, they would certainly be close enough for me!
                        >
                        > Polydore
                        >
                        > SwayzeK wrote:
                        >
                        > > Actually, the 60cm targets are almost 24" in diameter. We are looking
                        for a
                        > > good source, also and would like to place a large order.
                        > >
                        > > Ailinn Shadowfox

                        > Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
                        > more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long
                        Distance