Slightly OT response: Re: [SCA-Archery] Question

  • Genvieve d'Argent Chene
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2000
      What does FWIW and IOW (in my own words?) mean? Sorry for the slightly OT question, but I need to know what you guys are talking about. If I miss my guess, (I know no Latin) marshallate en toto means every marshal in the SCA, right? Or no?
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2000
        > What does FWIW and IOW (in my own words?) mean? Sorry for the slightly

        Email shorthand for "For What It's Worth" and "In Other Words." =)

        There's also IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), YMMV (Your Mileage
        May Vary), FYI (For Your Information), ROFL (Rolling On Floor
        Laughing) and a host of others less common...

        > OT question, but I need to know what you guys are talking about. If I
        > miss my guess, (I know no Latin) marshallate en toto means every
        > marshal in the SCA, right? Or no?

        Yup! =)

        Macsen
      • D Humberson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2000
          FWIW - For What It's Worth
          IOW - In Other Words
          IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
          YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

          marshallate can mean either all marshals of all types, or all archery
          marshals, depending on context.

          Please don't apologise for asking, Genvieve. Like any argot, netese can be
          impenetrable: kudos to you for speaking up!

          Ragnar Ketilsson