Re: [SCA-Archery] Question

  • Ulric the Hawke
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2000
      --- ragnar_wolf@... wrote:
      > Greetings
      >
      > Has anything developed from the discussion a while
      > back about an SCA wide
      > archery marshal's badge or device?
      >
      > Ragnar the Wolf
      > Rusted Woodlands
      > East Kingdom
      At this Moment, the Archery Marshal Badge is
      Different for each Kingdom, and probably for each
      Local Group. I have closely reviewed this, and have
      come up with my Own Badge. I may not have an Actual
      Badge of office at this time, but whenever I go to SCA
      Events.... I do tend to carry my Bow.... thus people
      tend to know who I am.

      Good Luck with your Quest for a Badge!!

      In Service to the Dream
      Ulric the Hawke
      Archery Marshall
      Order of the Sable Arrow
      Mendersham
      Kingdom of Ansteorra

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Bob & Nancy Upson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2000
        > At this Moment, the Archery Marshal Badge is
        > Different for each Kingdom, and probably for each
        > Local Group. I have closely reviewed this, and have
        > come up with my Own Badge. I may not have an Actual
        > Badge of office at this time, but whenever I go to SCA
        > Events.... I do tend to carry my Bow.... thus people
        > tend to know who I am.

        FWIW, the well recgonized "Marshal's Badge" (sable, two swords
        in saltire or) is registered to the marshallate en toto. IOW, it is
        technically perfectly acceptable to use it on the archery field.

        Macsen
        old used up herald and archery marshal
      • Eli White
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2000
          >FWIW, the well recgonized "Marshal's Badge" (sable, two swords
          >in saltire or) is registered to the marshallate en toto. IOW, it is
          >technically perfectly acceptable to use it on the archery field.

          And in Atlantia, archery marshalls are now required to wear this badge on
          tabards while marshalling, as well as carrying marshalling staves (at
          events of course, not practices)

          Siegfried
        • firefen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2000
            In a message dated 05/01/2000 10:05:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
            sirjon@... writes:

            << The badge was passed on to the heralds. Now waiting for results.

            Jon >>

            Can I use this device for a banner in my baronial colors? or do I need to
            present my own in this? I would like to have a banner to use at the shoot
            sites.
            Gillian