RE: [SCA-Archery] The Hunt for the Prize different target/thrown weapons

  • Talmon Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      Once again all those years of playing indian with the ron-d-vo- ers. They
      had a tomahawk throw where they used a 12" log and rolled it partialy behind
      a fair sized tree , It was set and pinned at a slight angle to the throwing
      line. About 15 degress, You threw 2 throws at the target, which was on the
      ground, then 2 more from where the log was directly facing you. Then you had
      to move the other side of the original throwing point, the same distance
      that you were using to line up for the face on throws.
      If you start out at about 15 yards, you wil have 3 different faces to
      throw at and 3 different distances. You could paint a face on the end of the
      log to give you a scoring area. A target stapeled on the log makes a easly
      replaceable cheap xerox
      The difficult part of this whole thing is you have to stick the hawk with
      the handle pointing UP...
      Strikes into the tree or post were a deduction. Choose you own scoring
      values.

      Hope you have as much fun as I did.

      Baron Talmon
      Gates edge Ansteorra