Old IKAC and 45# ??

  • THL Cain Saethydd
    Message 1 of 51 , May 2, 2006
      Old IKAC requiring a 45lb draw weight? When was this? I don't recall
      that being the case for the last 11 years. Unless it happened very
      recently (I have been out of the loop lately).

      I may have missed something here...

      Cain

      P.S. My alternate persona is Cian, the Eye Pirate! (not registered,
      of course)

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Cian of Storvik" <firespiter@...>
      wrote:

      > I believe the comment was "The OLD IKAC" had a 45# minimum. I don't
      > believe there is a minimum for the current IKAC. As far as I know my
      > own kingdom has no "minimum" archery requirements.
      >

      > -Cian of Storvik

    • John edgerton
      Message 51 of 51 , May 5, 2006
        On Thursday, May 4, 2006, at 11:14 AM, J. Hughes wrote:

        > Of course there were the vogelschutzen. But, a lot of the woodblock
        > prints from Germany show circular targets. By the end of period the
        > target faces were painted works of art, usually circular. One of the
        > prizes at a schutzenfest was both the shot-up target and an unshot-at
        > copy.

        I have seen some nice examples of those in Braun's "Historical Targets".

        > There is information on the targets used for competition in both
        > Ottoman Turkey and Mamluke Egypt. I even just recently came across a
        > picture of crossbowman shooting at a target in medieval Egypt...

        Could you tell me where to find that information. Does the picture of
        he crossbowman show the target in any detail?

        Jon