Re: [SCA-Archery] The Hunt for the Prize

  • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2006
      In a message dated 5/2/06 12:56:08 PM, bill@... writes:

      > Count me in, ! Reply sent off list

      What kingdom is this in?

      William the Archer
      >>—————————>

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2006
        The Hunt for the Prize is to fare for me this year.

        James Cunningham
      • Eric Francis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
          Greetings to all archers and those who love them!

          Peregrine Fairchylde here, your marshal-in-charge for
          The Hunt for the Prize, the first Gleann Abhann Live
          Weapons Championships. This event will be held July
          14-16 at the Woodmen of the World in the Shire of
          Dragoun's Weal (Hattiesburg, Miss.). In order to
          entice more of you to come join us in shooting and
          throwing, here are some details of the day's
          activities.

          There will be a dozen archery shoots and six throws.
          Each participant can take part in as many or as few as
          they want. The top scorers in each of three catetories
          (novice, intermediate, expert) will be awarded prizes.

          The archery shoots will include: orange trees, friend
          or foe, heraldry, wands, William Tell, serpents, rats
          and cheese, kingdom arms, balloons, sheep and wolves,
          UFOs and a period face. Weapon throws will include
          balloons, a period face, braids, friend or foe, a
          safari and a sihouette.

          The event will also feature the Queen's Thrown Weapons
          Champion and Queen's Yeoman competitions. The nature
          of these will be kept a closely guarded secret until
          the weekend of the event!

          We'll start shooting and throwing at 9 a.m. Saturday
          and will shoot all day, so please make plans to join
          us! Yes, it's July in southern Mississippi; yes, it'll
          be hot. But yes, we'll have shade pavilions and plenty
          of water and, most importantly, lots of FUN so just
          grab your sunscreen and head on down, y'all.

          For more info, visit the web site:
          http://www.geocities.com/dragouns_weal/event.htm

          In service,

          THL Peregrine Fairchylde
          Benevolent Dictator of Flying Sharp Things, Gleann Abhann

          http://mail.yahoo.com