Re: Question about bow pull weight

  • Timothy A Henry
    Message 1 of 51 , May 2 11:14 AM
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Cian of Storvik" <firespiter@...>
      wrote:

      > And on another comment about draw weight, when someone tells me they
      > are thinking of going for as a high a draw weight as they can handle
      > for the flatest tragectory, I tell them that Lochlan Silverwolf is a
      > big guy and could probably pull more then any one I know, but has
      the
      > highest score I've ever heard of and he only uses like a 30 or 35#
      bow.

      > Just remember what I always say...WWLD...."What Would Lochlan Do?"
      > -Cian

      What Laochlain does is shoot a bow that he can pull comfortably and
      consistantly for several hours at a time, there is no need for
      overkill.

      Laochlain Silvewolf....(as the wolf slinks back into the shadows)
    • John edgerton
      Message 51 of 51 , May 5 2:08 PM
        On Thursday, May 4, 2006, at 11:14 AM, J. Hughes wrote:

        > Of course there were the vogelschutzen. But, a lot of the woodblock
        > prints from Germany show circular targets. By the end of period the
        > target faces were painted works of art, usually circular. One of the
        > prizes at a schutzenfest was both the shot-up target and an unshot-at
        > copy.

        I have seen some nice examples of those in Braun's "Historical Targets".

        > There is information on the targets used for competition in both
        > Ottoman Turkey and Mamluke Egypt. I even just recently came across a
        > picture of crossbowman shooting at a target in medieval Egypt...

        Could you tell me where to find that information. Does the picture of
        he crossbowman show the target in any detail?

        Jon