The Hunt for the Prize

  • Eric Francis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2006
      The "where" hasn't been determined yet, James. Her
      Highness prefers it to be as centrally located as
      possible, but we're going to have to rely on groups
      submitting bids. We'll be making a site decision by
      the end of this month and I'll get that info up here
      as soon as it's available.

      By the way, while I'm pretty confident I can come up
      with a smorgasbord of archery shoots to please all
      tastes, I would appreciate any help with ideas for
      thrown weapons activities, both for populace throws
      and for a royal championship. Anyone with ideas can
      contact me off-list at squirrelhenge@....

      Thanks!

      Peregrine

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • William A. Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2006
        Count me in, ! Reply sent off list

        The "where" hasn't been determined yet, James. Her
        Highness prefers it to be as centrally located as
        possible, but we're going to have to rely on groups
        submitting bids. We'll be making a site decision by
        the end of this month and I'll get that info up here
        as soon as it's available.

        By the way, while I'm pretty confident I can come up
        with a smorgasbord of archery shoots to please all
        tastes, I would appreciate any help with ideas for
        thrown weapons activities, both for populace throws
        and for a royal championship. Anyone with ideas can
        contact me off-list at squirrelhenge@....

        Thanks!

        Peregrine

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • WilliamTheArcher@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2006
          In a message dated 5/2/06 12:56:08 PM, bill@... writes:

          > Count me in, ! Reply sent off list

          What kingdom is this in?

          William the Archer
          >>—————————>

        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2006
            The Hunt for the Prize is to fare for me this year.

            James Cunningham
          • Eric Francis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
              Greetings to all archers and those who love them!

              Peregrine Fairchylde here, your marshal-in-charge for
              The Hunt for the Prize, the first Gleann Abhann Live
              Weapons Championships. This event will be held July
              14-16 at the Woodmen of the World in the Shire of
              Dragoun's Weal (Hattiesburg, Miss.). In order to
              entice more of you to come join us in shooting and
              throwing, here are some details of the day's
              activities.

              There will be a dozen archery shoots and six throws.
              Each participant can take part in as many or as few as
              they want. The top scorers in each of three catetories
              (novice, intermediate, expert) will be awarded prizes.

              The archery shoots will include: orange trees, friend
              or foe, heraldry, wands, William Tell, serpents, rats
              and cheese, kingdom arms, balloons, sheep and wolves,
              UFOs and a period face. Weapon throws will include
              balloons, a period face, braids, friend or foe, a
              safari and a sihouette.

              The event will also feature the Queen's Thrown Weapons
              Champion and Queen's Yeoman competitions. The nature
              of these will be kept a closely guarded secret until
              the weekend of the event!

              We'll start shooting and throwing at 9 a.m. Saturday
              and will shoot all day, so please make plans to join
              us! Yes, it's July in southern Mississippi; yes, it'll
              be hot. But yes, we'll have shade pavilions and plenty
              of water and, most importantly, lots of FUN so just
              grab your sunscreen and head on down, y'all.

              For more info, visit the web site:
              http://www.geocities.com/dragouns_weal/event.htm

              In service,

              THL Peregrine Fairchylde
              Benevolent Dictator of Flying Sharp Things, Gleann Abhann

              http://mail.yahoo.com