Re: [SCA-Archery] Resource for arrows...

  • Dayrl Merrill
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2006
      Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do both
      arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on eBay.

      > >Hello all!
      > >
      > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
      > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
      > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
      > >
      > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
      > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
      > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
      > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
      > >bow.
      > >
      > >Thanks for listening :)
      > >
      > >-Lady Grainne the Red
      > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
      > >
      > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
      > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
      > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
      >

      >--

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Amber Shepard
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2006
        Very nice :). I've actually run across yours a couple times. I like
        to shop around for a while before I decide. Gives me something to do
        when I don't have money sometimes. LoL. It becomes habit I guess.
        You're added to my fav sellers list.

        Thankyou all who have replied so far. I appreciate all the info you
        wish to impart with me :)!

        -Grainne the Red
        Amber

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
        wrote:

        > Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do
        both
        > arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on
        eBay.

        > > >Hello all!
        > > >
        > > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to
        shoot
        > > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on
        ebay
        > > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
        > > >
        > > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and
        target-
        > > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any
        that I
        > > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming
        they're
        > > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for
        a 56"
        > > >bow.
        > > >
        > > >Thanks for listening :)
        > > >
        > > >-Lady Grainne the Red
        > > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
        > > >
        > > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
        > > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar
        with
        > > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
        > >

        > >--
        5/1/2006

        list]

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Carolus von Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2006
          Grey Taylor in Gyldenholt, Caid is a good source for finished
          arrows. Stay away from FS Discount Archery for shafts or finished
          arrows, otherwise a good source of supplies.
          Carolus