Re: [SCA-Archery] Resource for arrows...

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      Wait till you get the bow befor you get a string. The best source for
      information on wood arrows and "stuff" is a fellow SCA archer. Three Rivers
      is a traditional archery source see: http://www.3riversarchery.com/

      James Cunningham
      Middle Kingdom
      > Hello all!
      >
      > I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
      > alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
      > tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
      >
      > However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
      > type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
      > should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
      > not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
      > bow.
      >
      > Thanks for listening :)
      >
      > -Lady Grainne the Red
      > Kingdom of Atenveldt
      >
      > ((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
      > know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
      > and what this "hobbit" can afford.))

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dayrl Merrill
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2006
        Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do both
        arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on eBay.

        > >Hello all!
        > >
        > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
        > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
        > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
        > >
        > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
        > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
        > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
        > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
        > >bow.
        > >
        > >Thanks for listening :)
        > >
        > >-Lady Grainne the Red
        > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
        > >
        > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
        > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
        > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
        >

        >--

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Amber Shepard
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2006
          Very nice :). I've actually run across yours a couple times. I like
          to shop around for a while before I decide. Gives me something to do
          when I don't have money sometimes. LoL. It becomes habit I guess.
          You're added to my fav sellers list.

          Thankyou all who have replied so far. I appreciate all the info you
          wish to impart with me :)!

          -Grainne the Red
          Amber

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
          wrote:

          > Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do
          both
          > arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on
          eBay.

          > > >Hello all!
          > > >
          > > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to
          shoot
          > > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on
          ebay
          > > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
          > > >
          > > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and
          target-
          > > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any
          that I
          > > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming
          they're
          > > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for
          a 56"
          > > >bow.
          > > >
          > > >Thanks for listening :)
          > > >
          > > >-Lady Grainne the Red
          > > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
          > > >
          > > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
          > > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar
          with
          > > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
          > >

          > >--
          5/1/2006

          list]

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Carolus von Eulenhorst
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2006
            Grey Taylor in Gyldenholt, Caid is a good source for finished
            arrows. Stay away from FS Discount Archery for shafts or finished
            arrows, otherwise a good source of supplies.
            Carolus

            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2006