RE: [SCA-Archery] Resource for arrows...

  • Rj Bachner
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca is where I get my arrows. Actually I own the site so
      I make my own but I think you will like what you see.

      Ragi

      MKA

      RJ Bachner
      ragi@...
      www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

      "Beauty is power and elegance. right action, form fitting function,
      intelligence and reasonability. and very often expressed in curves."

      K.S. Robinson.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        Wait till you get the bow befor you get a string. The best source for
        information on wood arrows and "stuff" is a fellow SCA archer. Three Rivers
        is a traditional archery source see: http://www.3riversarchery.com/

        James Cunningham
        Middle Kingdom
        > Hello all!
        >
        > I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
        > alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
        > tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
        >
        > However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
        > type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
        > should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
        > not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
        > bow.
        >
        > Thanks for listening :)
        >
        > -Lady Grainne the Red
        > Kingdom of Atenveldt
        >
        > ((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
        > know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
        > and what this "hobbit" can afford.))

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dayrl Merrill
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2006
          Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do both
          arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on eBay.

          > >Hello all!
          > >
          > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
          > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
          > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
          > >
          > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
          > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
          > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
          > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
          > >bow.
          > >
          > >Thanks for listening :)
          > >
          > >-Lady Grainne the Red
          > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
          > >
          > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
          > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
          > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
          >

          >--

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Amber Shepard
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2006
            Very nice :). I've actually run across yours a couple times. I like
            to shop around for a while before I decide. Gives me something to do
            when I don't have money sometimes. LoL. It becomes habit I guess.
            You're added to my fav sellers list.

            Thankyou all who have replied so far. I appreciate all the info you
            wish to impart with me :)!

            -Grainne the Red
            Amber

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
            wrote:

            > Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do
            both
            > arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on
            eBay.

            > > >Hello all!
            > > >
            > > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to
            shoot
            > > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on
            ebay
            > > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
            > > >
            > > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and
            target-
            > > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any
            that I
            > > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming
            they're
            > > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for
            a 56"
            > > >bow.
            > > >
            > > >Thanks for listening :)
            > > >
            > > >-Lady Grainne the Red
            > > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
            > > >
            > > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
            > > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar
            with
            > > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
            > >

            > >--
            5/1/2006

            list]

            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Carolus von Eulenhorst
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2006
              Grey Taylor in Gyldenholt, Caid is a good source for finished
              arrows. Stay away from FS Discount Archery for shafts or finished
              arrows, otherwise a good source of supplies.
              Carolus

              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2006