Resource for arrows...

  • Amber Shepard
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      Hello all!

      I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
      alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
      tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).

      However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
      type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
      should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
      not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
      bow.

      Thanks for listening :)

      -Lady Grainne the Red
      Kingdom of Atenveldt

      ((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
      know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
      and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
    • Rj Bachner
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca is where I get my arrows. Actually I own the site so
        I make my own but I think you will like what you see.

        Ragi

        MKA

        RJ Bachner
        ragi@...
        www.shoppe.brokenaxe.ca

        "Beauty is power and elegance. right action, form fitting function,
        intelligence and reasonability. and very often expressed in curves."

        K.S. Robinson.

        I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
        alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
        tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).

        However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
        type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
        should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
        not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
        bow.

        Thanks for listening :)

        -Lady Grainne the Red
        Kingdom of Atenveldt

        ((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
        know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
        and what this "hobbit" can afford.))

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          Wait till you get the bow befor you get a string. The best source for
          information on wood arrows and "stuff" is a fellow SCA archer. Three Rivers
          is a traditional archery source see: http://www.3riversarchery.com/

          James Cunningham
          Middle Kingdom
          > Hello all!
          >
          > I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
          > alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
          > tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
          >
          > However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
          > type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
          > should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
          > not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
          > bow.
          >
          > Thanks for listening :)
          >
          > -Lady Grainne the Red
          > Kingdom of Atenveldt
          >
          > ((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
          > know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
          > and what this "hobbit" can afford.))

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dayrl Merrill
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2006
            Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do both
            arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on eBay.

            > >Hello all!
            > >
            > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to shoot
            > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on ebay
            > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
            > >
            > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and target-
            > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any that I
            > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming they're
            > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for a 56"
            > >bow.
            > >
            > >Thanks for listening :)
            > >
            > >-Lady Grainne the Red
            > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
            > >
            > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
            > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar with
            > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
            >

            >--

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Amber Shepard
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2006
              Very nice :). I've actually run across yours a couple times. I like
              to shop around for a while before I decide. Gives me something to do
              when I don't have money sometimes. LoL. It becomes habit I guess.
              You're added to my fav sellers list.

              Thankyou all who have replied so far. I appreciate all the info you
              wish to impart with me :)!

              -Grainne the Red
              Amber

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dayrl Merrill <dmerrill@...>
              wrote:

              > Rask Ulfbjorn in the Middle Kingdom at your service as well. I do
              both
              > arrows and Bow strings and you can find me as d_merrill for both on
              eBay.

              > > >Hello all!
              > > >
              > > >I'm new to the group... as well as to SCA archery. I used to
              shoot
              > > >alot when I was younger for fun. I have a bid in for a bow on
              ebay
              > > >tonight, and am looking to get back into practice :).
              > > >
              > > >However.. sca requires only wood arrows with real feathers and
              target-
              > > >type tips. Where do *you* go shopping for your arrows? Any
              that I
              > > >should stay away from? Also.. Dacron strings... I'm assuming
              they're
              > > >not bad? I was probably going to get a 14 strand one sized for
              a 56"
              > > >bow.
              > > >
              > > >Thanks for listening :)
              > > >
              > > >-Lady Grainne the Red
              > > >Kingdom of Atenveldt
              > > >
              > > >((btw.. the bow I'll be getting is 45# fiberglass, 56" long. I
              > > >know.. I hear ya giggling.. but it's a style I'm more familiar
              with
              > > >and what this "hobbit" can afford.))
              > >

              > >--
              5/1/2006

              list]

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Carolus von Eulenhorst
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2006
                Grey Taylor in Gyldenholt, Caid is a good source for finished
                arrows. Stay away from FS Discount Archery for shafts or finished
                arrows, otherwise a good source of supplies.
                Carolus

                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2006