Italian xbow targets?

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 10:45 AM
      Greetings and a Happy Birthday to the SCA.

      Does anyone have information on the Italian crossbow targets, in the
      shape of a thick disk as a base with a cone as the main scoring area,
      now used by the Italian Crossbow Federation in their period shoots? I
      would like to know: If similar targets were actually used pre 1600.
      What the origins of the target were. And why they use the cone instead
      of just a flat surface. I would also appreciate learning where to find
      any documentation for the targets.

      Thank you for any help you can give.