Re: [SCA-Archery] Help

  • Dayrl Merrill
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 1:06 AM
      I also might be able to help, but could you provide the auction number so
      it could be looked up?. I just searched the completed auctions quickly and
      there were several that poped up.
      If it is a shooter I also make crossbow strings. If you want to take it
      off-line just send me an email directly at dmerrill0380@...

      Dayrl

      At 10:04 PM 4/30/06, you wrote:
      >This is my first post. Not an SCA member since my archery tastes run to
      >primitive American Indian 1750-1890s. I collect weapons of all varities
      >and needed one for the collection so just purchased a crossbow on Ebay
      >not sure if it is a wall hanger or functional. It has no string. Price
      >was right even if it is a wall hanger. I know nothing about crossbows
      >would like to communicate with someone that could help when I get it.
      >Could send photos snail mail for a possible id. It was listed as a
      >vintage crossbow, seller had no clue about it. If any one saw it on
      >Ebay they might be a help id it. Need any help that you folks can give.
      > Thanks
      >
      > Ken

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 7:03 AM
        I also might be able to help, but could you provide the auction number so
        it could be looked up.

        I make Crossbows and have seen a few modern and non so modern crossbow and
        would like to see what you are talking about.

        James Cunningham
        > At 10:04 PM 4/30/06, you wrote:
        > >This is my first post. Not an SCA member since my archery tastes run to
        > >primitive American Indian 1750-1890s. I collect weapons of all varities
        > >and needed one for the collection so just purchased a crossbow on Ebay
        > >not sure if it is a wall hanger or functional. It has no string. Price
        > >was right even if it is a wall hanger. I know nothing about crossbows
        > >would like to communicate with someone that could help when I get it.
        > >Could send photos snail mail for a possible id. It was listed as a
        > >vintage crossbow, seller had no clue about it. If any one saw it on
        > >Ebay they might be a help id it. Need any help that you folks can give.
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Ken

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • THL Cain Saethydd
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 11:10 PM
          Perchance, do you own of the controversial Penobscott (sp) Bows? It
          was reputed to be used by the indians of the same name in the
          northeast, from the time period you like. Rather ingenious design. I
          have always wanted to try one...

          Cain

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kemarchgps@...> wrote:

          > This is my first post. Not an SCA member since my archery tastes run to
          > primitive American Indian 1750-1890s. I collect weapons of all varities
          > and needed one for the collection so just purchased a crossbow on Ebay
          > not sure if it is a wall hanger or functional. It has no string. Price
          > was right even if it is a wall hanger. I know nothing about crossbows
          > would like to communicate with someone that could help when I get it.
          > Could send photos snail mail for a possible id. It was listed as a
          > vintage crossbow, seller had no clue about it. If any one saw it on
          > Ebay they might be a help id it. Need any help that you folks can give.
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ken

        • THL Cain Saethydd
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2 11:15 PM
            Also...

            I have a friend with an Inuit Whalebone bow (baleen, I think) for
            sale, I believe with documentation from the 1860's on this bow. It is
            in remarkable condition. I don't like hawking on the lists, but you
            sound like a collector who may be interested.

            Cain, Atenveldt
            Robert Bower, Phx, AZ