My Backstop

  • Egil Haraldsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
      Greetings,
      I added a album to the photo section. This is the backstop I ended
      up with. Out of concern for my neighbors safety I decided to spend a
      little more than I wanted. The Arrow Stop Material was a little pricey
      but I felt it better to be on the safe side, concindering my neighbors
      house is less than 10 yards behind it. With the cardboard to hold the
      target and the hay as additional stopping material it works great. Now
      if I could just get to where I am shooting out the center gold... :-)

      YIS,
      Egil
    • Lord Caedmon Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
        Egil wrote, "Now if I could just get to where I am shooting out the center gold"

        If you are patient, you will.

        I start all my new archers out at 5 yard to teach them form, then I
        move them back 5 yards at a time as they get all 6 arrows on the
        target consistently. The method is slow, but keeps the arrow losses
        down.

        --
        Lord Caedmon Wilson

        Oaken Regional Youth Combat Marshal

        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum
        saxum immane mittam.