Prize shoots

  • Hal Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      I have been shooting in the SCA for about 20 years. During that time I have witnessed many changes. Here in the Southern Outlands, a few traditions seem to have grown concerning prizes.

      First, no prizes are given for RR and IKAC. These are seen as personal advancement scores. Prizes are awarded based on the winning of "Fun" shoots.

      second, frequently no one but the marshal and possibly the autocrat know which fun shoots are rewarded with a prize.

      Finally, and I am very proud of our archers about this, The winner, especially if they are of advanced rank, seldom keeps the prize. Usually, they will turn to a less experienced, even novice archer and tell them that a certain shot or an act of chivalry or some other factor brought that archer to the attention of the group and award the prize to them.

      WAlk Tall
      BAron Ben

      Sent via the KillerWebMail system at dfn.com
    • Domingos de Leon (mka William Brown)