RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: new ludicrous bowman

  • Yvonne Miller
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 27, 2006
      To gain some perspective on his shooting, he practiced about 50 - 60 hours a
      week for about a year and a half before he shot this well. It was something
      that he wanted to obtain and practiced hard to get there. But ask him about
      being a ludicrous archer and he will just tell you that he just shoots. He
      is very self effacing and will not wear his token/badge unless prompted to
      do so - and then its usually hidden under his tunic! :)

      We went to an event once where he introduced himself to the person in charge
      of the range. Their eyes lit up and then fell as they thought that he would
      just blow the competition away. But he didn't. He just wanted to go and
      shoot. We had lousy scores, but had a great time just shooting.

      I'll push him every once in a while (I asked him what it would take for him
      to break 150...), but most of the time we just have fun shooting.

      I'm very proud of my tall, grey and furry Silverwolf and not just because of
      his archery, but because he's a pretty nice guy too. But then I might be a
      bit biased...

      Eva, Laochlain's lady

    • Yvonne Miller
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 27, 2006