Re: Wooden recurves

  • Lord Cain Saethydd
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 24, 2006
      I don't rightly agree with a few points here. I don't use arm
      guards. Have not need to in years. I simply hold my bow correctly.
      When I do hit my arm, I curse myself, then don't do it for a year or
      more.
      Second, I shoot many varieties of bows. Different
      lengths/poundages/styles. I can shoot them all proficiently, if not
      expertly (so long as I am in shape). To limit oneself to only one
      bow can limit your growth. Meaning, it is hard to get better if you
      cannot train yourself to adapt and overcome the differences you will
      encounter in the enviroment. Using different bows helps very much
      towards simulating hot or cold. moist or dry weather. Using
      different arrows can do the same, as well as impart a deflection
      that simulate wind drift. And, you can use them during any
      competition if you do the following.

      The A Number One Rule to become Good at archery is this simple word:

      CONSISTANCY, CONSISTANCY, CONSISTANCY!

      That is, consistancy in the archer. If you are consistant, and able
      to adapt, you can use any bow equaly.

      THL Cain, Bowmaster Elite, Atenveldt
      Twice Arizona State Outdoor Barebow Champion
      Disabled American Veteran

      Apprenticed to Baron Master Blackarrow, Bowmaster Elite, Atenveldt
      Current King of Umbria, Adrian Empire
      Twice U.S. Barebow Champion
      Past World Longbow Champion

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Dan Martin