RE: Greetings and Introduction

  • ronan morton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2006
      Greetings Egil,
      I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you at Gulf Wars this year. I met your
      Knight, Sir Merwyyd and found him to be a most interesting fellow. (Ask him
      if he liked the messanger we used to deliver his crossbow strings.) As you
      may have noticed, Gleann Abhann, Meridies, and our allies were greatly
      outnumbered by both live archery and combat archery participants so thank
      you for swelling our ranks and welcome. We have a very active group of
      archers in the Northeast corner of Meridies and are more than willing to
      help you with any questions that you might come up with. Please feel free
      to contact us at any time.

      In loyal Meridian service,
      THL Ronan MacMorton

      Subject: Greetings and Introduction

      Greetings and salutations,
      I am Egil Haraldsson mka Harold Martin from the Barony of Axemoor
      in the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann. I live in Houma, LA. and I work
      offshore. I am new to the art of stick and bow but hope to learn all
      that you will teach. I have some wonderful local teachers, my Knight
      Sir Merwyyd and HLD Dafyyd, (Crusty for those who know him). I have
      learned many things from them already and had the chance to shoot in
      both the Royal Round and the War point this GW. I can say that I did
      not do as good as hoped but better than expected. I did have my
      recurve shatter a limb, which was a good reason to buy the new
      Longbow...weg!

      Thankfully I have a wonderful loving and understanding Lady wife! I
      hope to meet many of you at events and shoots as I learn more of the
      art. Thank you for your time and energy.

      YIS,
      Egil Haraldsson