RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Firel arrows.

  • Samuel "TOSH" McTier
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      It was a very fun shoot for the archers, spectators, and even the marshals.
      I have run this shoot 4 times now and found it to be easy for all to shoot.
      The glow sticks do not affect the flight path of the arrow so much that the
      archer can adjust, even novice archers seem to be able to compensate. I have
      had them fire at ranges from 20 yards to 100. The only concerns of note I
      found are;
      1) Visibility, you have to have some way to keep an eye down range for
      people walking onto the range. I used at one of these shoots small torches
      running along the 45 degree safety about 15' apart. This gave enough light
      to see if any one crosses the line.
      2) The tape I used to hold the glow sticks on the arrow was a 2" wide clear
      packing tape, the tape must run the full length of the glow stick and past
      the front slightly. Otherwise the stick has a tendency to pull off during
      release and eventually fall off.

      And yes seeing 50+ archers loosing at the same time at a 100 yard target was
      an impressive site.

      Laird Samuel Tosh McTier
      Head of Circulum Amicitiarum