Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 2152

  • Steven Casort
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      M'Lord,
      I would also like a copy If possible.

      Thanks

      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 14 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "Cian of Storvik"
      2. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "A B ZDARSKY"
      3. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: Siegfried
      4. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: Siegfried
      5. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "i_griffen"
      6. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: Carolus von Eulenhorst
      7. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: Carolus von Eulenhorst
      8. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "James W. Pratt, Jr."
      9. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "Bruce R. Gordon"
      10. RE: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "Samuel \"TOSH\" McTier"
      11. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "Michael Scherrer"
      12. Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: "effexb"
      13. Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance
      From: rfultz@...
      14. Crossbow Maintenance
      From: "Cian of Storvik"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:39:57 -0000
      From: "Cian of Storvik"
      Subject: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance

      One of the benefits we get being a paid member to the SCA is Kingdom
      Newletters. General events and anouncements come 1/mo in Atlantia
      called "the acorn", as well as a annual to semi-annual newsletter "the
      Oak" which is an A&S publication.
      This latest Oak has a pretty good article by our Dep. Earl Marshal on
      Crossbow maintenance. It also looks like a good read for marshals (who
      have to inspect these diabolic mechinations of hades).
      After you give it a read, and realize all the things that can adversly
      affect a crossbow's release, I'm doubly again glad to have a stick
      with a string on it (read: handbow).
      It also has some very crudely drawn illustrations :) which visualize
      the "issues" and repairs that are likely.
      -Cian

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:47:39 -0800
      From: "A B ZDARSKY"
      Subject: Re: Article in "The Oak" on crossbow maintenance

      Any chance that those of us from out of kingdom could peruse this article?
      Aleksei Zateev
      An Tir
      One of the benefits we get being a paid member to the SCA is Kingdom
      Newletters. General events and anouncements come 1/mo in Atlantia
      called "the acorn", as well as a annual to semi-annual newsletter "the
      Oak" which is an A&S publication.
      This latest Oak has a pretty good article by our Dep. Earl Marshal on
      Crossbow maintenance. It also looks like a good read for marshals (who
      have to inspect these diabolic mechinations of hades).
      After you give it a read, and realize all the things that can adversly
      affect a crossbow's release, I'm doubly again glad to have a stick
      with a string on it (read: handbow).
      It also has some very crudely drawn illustrations :) which visualize
      the "issues" and repairs that are likely.
      -Cian

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:26:38 -0500
      From: Siegfried

      > It also has some very crudely drawn illustrations :) which visualize
      > the "issues" and repairs that are likely.

      Hey! I'm a crossbow maker, not an artist ...

      (Note: I will be happy to take donations of better art *grin*)

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:27:15 -0500
      From: Siegfried

      I'll send the document to you ... If anyone else wants it, let me know and I
      will provide it as well ... if enough want it, I might just drop it on a
      website.

      Siegfried

      On 1/4/06, A B ZDARSKY wrote:

      > Any chance that those of us from out of kingdom could peruse this article?
      > Aleksei Zateev
      > An Tir

      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:40:13 -0000
      From: "i_griffen"

      I would like to see the Document. It would be a piece of referance
      materal when teaching a new marshall.

      Iain Griffen

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Siegfried

      ____
      > THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
      > Barony of Highland Foorde - Baronial Archery Marshal
      > Kingdom of Atlantia - Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target
      Archery
      > http://eliw.com/ - http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/

      Message: 6
      Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:55:14 -0800
      From: Carolus von Eulenhorst

      Where might we obtain a copy of this publication here on the far
      coast from you?
      Carolus

      At 12:39 PM 1/4/2006, you wrote:

      >One of the benefits we get being a paid member to the SCA is Kingdom
      >Newletters. General events and anouncements come 1/mo in Atlantia
      >called "the acorn", as well as a annual to semi-annual newsletter "the
      >Oak" which is an A&S publication.
      >This latest Oak has a pretty good article by our Dep. Earl Marshal on
      >Crossbow maintenance. It also looks like a good read for marshals (who
      >have to inspect these diabolic mechinations of hades).
      >After you give it a read, and realize all the things that can adversly
      >affect a crossbow's release, I'm doubly again glad to have a stick
      >with a string on it (read: handbow).
      >It also has some very crudely drawn illustrations :) which visualize
      >the "issues" and repairs that are likely.
      >-Cian

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >--

      Message: 7
      Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:02:03 -0800
      From: Carolus von Eulenhorst

      Right here, please.
      Carolus

      At 05:27 PM 1/4/2006, you wrote:

      >I'll send the document to you ... If anyone else wants it, let me know and I
      >will provide it as well ... if enough want it, I might just drop it on a
      >website.
      >
      >Siegfried
      >

      >On 1/4/06, A B ZDARSKY wrote:
      > >
      > > Any chance that those of us from out of kingdom could peruse this article?
      > > Aleksei Zateev
      > > An Tir

      Message: 8
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:20:31 -0500
      From: "James W. Pratt, Jr."

      Yes I want a copy to check my(take down) wiggle prod crossbow and see how
      many rule of thumbs I can break.

      James Cunningham
      crossbow maker also with bad pictures.

      > I'll send the document to you ... If anyone else wants it, let me know and
      > will provide it as well ... if enough want it, I might just drop it on a
      > website.
      >
      > Siegfried
      >

      > On 1/4/06, A B ZDARSKY wrote:
      > >
      > > Any chance that those of us from out of kingdom could peruse this
      article?
      > > Aleksei Zateev
      > > An Tir

      === message truncated ===