Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Stringwalking / Fingerwalking

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2005
      I have seen them do the same thing to a hawk only on the "dead" run. But I
      still think archery is easyer that falconry to get a bunny in the bag.

      James Cunningham

      > I have. Hunting rabbits with a bow is harder then one would think. They
      have
      > a bad habit of scrunching down low then jumping over your arrow as it is
      > about to hit.
      > Damales
      > /
      > <Do we have any one on the list who
      > <has hunted jacks with a bow?
      >
      > <On hitting a running deer....no comment.
      >
      > <James Cunningham

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeffrey Webb
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2006
        Greetings,
        I've taken a lot of rabbits with a bow,and I fid it a bit easier because of how I do it. The minute that you try to stalk them, they run. If you act real casual and not focus on them, they freeze and depend on their natural camoflage as protecion. I just casually walk and draw an arrow slowly turn and take my shot all the while acting as if I'm just out for a walk. I've taken a lot of rabbits that way.
        Respectfully,
        -Geoffrei

        I have seen them do the same thing to a hawk only on the "dead" run. But I
        still think archery is easyer that falconry to get a bunny in the bag.

        James Cunningham

        > I have. Hunting rabbits with a bow is harder then one would think. They
        have
        > a bad habit of scrunching down low then jumping over your arrow as it is
        > about to hit.
        > Damales
        > /
        > <Do we have any one on the list who
        > <has hunted jacks with a bow?
        >
        > <On hitting a running deer....no comment.
        >
        > <James Cunningham

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links