Finger Ranging

  • oljess
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Good Lords and Ladies,
      My grandfather, rest his soul, taught me the cherokee longbow these many
      years ago. And he always called the use of finger displacement for aiming,
      "finger ranging".
      Single point of aim and draw for your hunting bow, 3 distinct ranges using
      finger placement.
      I don't know if this is helpful, but it is a traditional cherokee technique, and
      a part of our oral history of hunting. So I would assume it is a practice that
      is between 800 and 1500 years old.

      Liam (the Doryman)