Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Stringwalking

  • Bill and Andra Jones
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 28, 2005
      Stringwalking is one of the things that is really not understood by most in
      the SCA. it is a very accurate way of shooting still targets (which 99% of
      what we do is shooting still targets) with that said most folks will not put
      the time in to learn how to shoot a bow for stringwalking to work right.
      first thing one must do is abandon any idea of instinctive shooting you must
      learn how your bow shoots at every distance you shoot at. there is no more
      guessing that target is 27 yards away you are now picking that spot and
      shooting your arrow for 27 yards.

      if any one would like an in detail on how this works and are in the middle
      kingdom ( I don't travel out of it much) I have 35 years of practice doing
      this. my brother holds many titles including 1 world champion ship. he is
      the only bear bow shooter I know who has shoot a clean 300 with 52 spots on
      a 20 yard indoor target using stingwalking.

      Baron Gwylym Penbras (Middle kingdom) funny thing to find out that there 2
      Baron Gwylyms out there ;-)
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 23, 2006
        If I were a dog I know my preference ... but I guess thats why I'm not a
        dog...OMG eating bon bons off a women breast, the vision in my head is... for lack
        of a better term.... titillating! :)